Grand Magnolia

Grand Magnolia
The stunning leaves of the magnolia make for a bold statement with hydrangea and lotus pods to soften.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

The doors go up...

That's it, the Myer/David Jones mid year sales are now no longer a threat to my sensitive shopping persona...5am at the markets, the roller doors go up, and EVERYONE is either running for the David Austins (which are at the end of their season) or the mini phals, and I'm STRUGGLING to get through the mass of bodies elbowing their way to the rare and unusual batwing orchids and imported cymbidiums...
It's one of the reasons I go to the markets in the morning (whether I've had 2 hours or 6 hours sleep the night before) with a heart full of butterflies and a pocket full of 'play money' nearly every week.  When the poppies are in season, I grab bunches of them and stick them all over the house...cheap, and soo colourful.  If I'm feeling lonely, or blue, it's the Oriental Lily that takes my fancy, as they last forever, and the star shaped flowers always bring a smile to my face...even if I'm hungover or in a wretched mood!
Tomorrow it's my beloved David Austins taking me to the markets, and a wedding in Bowral on Saturday that is sure to be simply sublime, and full of 'rose petal aisle' romance...and possible rain...but I'm trying not to think about that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have such a witty way of writing...I feel like I am there with you! N xx