Grand Magnolia

Grand Magnolia
The stunning leaves of the magnolia make for a bold statement with hydrangea and lotus pods to soften.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The creation of a vase using raw materials and a hot glue gun!


I was wandering along a footpath (as you do), and came across some very abandoned palm trees that were begging for a trim...
I'm sure any florist (or remotely creative eccentric) would find the same excitement I did-the possibility of creating a raw, textural floral piece that echoed the sounds of nature.  The fabric these husks displayed represented a fine opportunity to enhance a glass vase (one of many) I had hanging around at home, and has given me some inspiration for the creation of a piece that is to take pride of place in a coffee shop around the corner...TJs Coffee House in Penshurst (do drop by if you get a chance!)
After a quick evaluation, and some hot glue, I have found a masterpiece in the making.  This design piece offers so many opportunities for raw, colourful floral material, that I cannot wait to skip to the markets this Thursday morning for a look-see.  It's been too long since I've had the opportunity to 'play'.
More photos to come of the evolution of "In the Raw" - a florist's journey to the creation of beautiful, soulful floral design.

No comments: