Grand Magnolia

Grand Magnolia
The stunning leaves of the magnolia make for a bold statement with hydrangea and lotus pods to soften.

Monday, November 8, 2010

the thunder rolls on in...again

Beautiful sunshine, warm day, light breeze...until it hits 2pm and the dark clouds roll in, the thunder claps ring out and the heavens open...you know you are in Australia when you see steam coming off the road while it's raining...

On a lighter note...

The flowers selected for my end of year major display are not going to work.  I am thoroughly enthralled with the idea of modern, monotone, asymmetric design...but the old world lover of roses and hyacinth just won't let me do it!!!  I am therefore going with my heart, and using white roses, white hydrangea, white lily's, magnolia leaf and swarovski crystal beading...with a hand died silk ribbon trim.  There.  Decision made...now all i have to do is sketch it and cost it out to budget...wine time...

No comments: